Friday, December 30, 2011

Door County Day 3

Door County 


Today is our third day in Door County.  We discovered this fantastic place called Hands on Art and spent most of our day at this place.  Hands on Art is a fantastic idea.  They have a bunch of different buildings and in each building there is a specific art project that you can work on.  You do an art project, they finish it, and then you pick it up the next day.  They can also ship, but that costs extra.  We spent a ton of time there and we all made different projects.  I made a coffee mug, wine glass, and ornament.  I am not the most artistically inclined and I have to say I'm fairly impressed with myself.  My projects turned out pretty good and I'm excited to see what they look like when I pick them up tomorrow.  Brian made an adorable mug and the rest of my family participated in ceramics, glass work, and wine glass painting.  The center also had a metal working building, jewelry making, mosaics, and spin-art.  Everything was fairly inexpensive and there were plenty of employees around to help you out.  I can't wait to go pick up my stuff tomorrow and see how it all turned out!
Mom working on a platter

Coffee Mug and Snowman Mug




After our hands on art experience we went back to the hotel for a bit and then it was off for dinner at Mojo Rosa's.  This place was super cute and we got to have a really nice Mexican dinner.  After dinner, the plan was to go bowling at Sister Bay Bowl with my brother's friend and her family.  This didn't work out yesterday and so we were hoping it would today.  I guess it was just not meant to be because when we got to the place it was packed and we were going to have to wait hours before a lane would open up! We drove back to the hotel and while my family played games, Brian and I finally finished a movie that we had been watching before this trip.  Overall, it as a really good day and tomorrow should be fun as well since it is New Year's Eve!  Now it is off to bed...goodnight!

1 comment: