Thursday, January 19, 2012

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins

Tonight my good friend Kimmy is coming back to school and we planned on a movie/baking night.  These are my two favorite activities most days and so I am extremely excited.  Kimmy suggested muffins and so I have been looking for a good recipe.

Another member of Optima Dance, Megan, has this great food blog.  Recently she posted about a great muffin recipe that she found.  They sound and look delicious and so I think I'm going to have to give them a try with Kimmy for our movie/baking night!  Now, we just need to decide on a a movie...any suggestions?

But first! I had a great dinner with my friends Caryn, Lauren, and Max.  I wanted to bring something, but didn't have that much time to actually make something.  So, I picked up some strawberries and chocolate and we made some amazing chocolate covered strawberries! Great last minute dessert!


Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins (slightly adapted from A Dash of Megnut)

From: A Dash of Megnut

Don't hers look amazing??
Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
1/4 cup non-fat sour cream
1 egg
1 egg white
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
powder sugar for topping (optional)




Directions:
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking cups or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, peanut butter, sour cream, egg, and egg white.
3. In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda together. On a low speed, alternate mixing in the dry ingredients with the hot water into the wet ingredients until just combined.  Using a spoon, stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.  For mini muffins it should take around 12-15 minutes.  Muffins are done with an inserted toothpick comes out clean.  Remove the muffins from the oven to cool and sprinkle with powder sugar if you want.
Enjoy :)

Note: we made ours mini muffins and they took 15 minutes.  Also, we ended up watching Crazy Stupid Love and it was fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. yayy! im glad you liked them! yours look awesome! i love mini muffins because i always feel more satisfied eating 2-3 little ones then 1 large one. and i really really want to see crazy stupid love but walking to the redbox seems really awful in this weather. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Those look amazing. I want one!

    2) I have not forgotten that I am going to take you and Bri out to celebrate his bday.

    3) I would've hated Crazy Stupid Love, but Ryan Gosling was in it. So I had to love it a little.

    ReplyDelete