Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lightened Up Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

This post is dedicated to my most favorite treat.  Last year I found a recipe for peanut butter truffle brownies and since then I have continued to adapt the recipe to incorporate my favorite flavors and of course my style.  

This dessert not only combines my favorite flavors: peanut butter and chocolate, but it is also a brownie...and a pie...and it is LIGHT...WHAT?!?!?!


Oh, and by the way, it's super easy to put together.  The hard part is not eating it all in one sitting...which may or may not have happened...


I made this pie to auction off for the DTS Little Sister auction.  We raised money for the fraternity and a charity.  My pie alone brought in 20 bucks!

Check out those beautiful layers!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

Ingredients:
1 box Trader Joe's No-Guilt Brownie Mix
1 6 oz cup Fat-Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp skim milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsalted butter

Directions:
1. Make the Brownie according to the directions on the box (this is where you need the greek yogurt), but pour into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for about 25-28 minutes.
2. While the pie cools, beat the peanut butter with 1/4 cup of butter.  Beat in the powdered sugar and add the milk until you have your desired consistency. Spread the peanut butter mixture over the top of the pie.
3. Melt the chocolate and rest of the butter in the microwave, stirring after 30 seconds until fully melted.  Spread over the peanut butter. Let set or chill in the fridge.
Enjoy :)


Yum!!!

10 comments:

  1. I would say that whoever bought this for $20 did get their moneys worth. They are probably wondering how they could get their hands on another one! I really like the layering, it really turns a brownie into something extra special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for the sweet shout-out on your blog. You said such nice things about me and I truly appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. Mother of God...that pie looks like it at least should have sold for $50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it would have it you had been there ;)...see you Friday, love!

      Delete
  3. Yum! I would have killed to have an oven in college... and then again in grad school! Fantastic creation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No oven!?!?! That's terrible! I'm not sure what I would do with myself ;)

      Delete
  4. That looks fantastic. What a great idea! Looks pretty easy to make, too. Can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovelovelove. PB & Chocolate---and lightened up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It is one of my favorite desserts!

      Delete