Saturday, September 29, 2012

Blueberry Nutella Brownies

Saturdays in Madison mean two very important things: Farmers Market and Badger Football.  I love walking around on Saturdays and seeing everyone in their Wisconsin Red getting ready for another game.  Also, win or lose, Madison has the best spirit of any city I've ever seen.  Everyone is always happy and nice and it is just a fantastic thing to be around.  I simply love it.



My house always hosts a little cookout before the games on our porch.  It's super fun! We cook, play music, and get our spirit on!  Everyone shows up, even if they don't have tickets or aren't going to the game, because we just like hanging out on the porch.  I decided to help out with our latest cookout and make some yummy brownies to share with everyone!
On the porch!
Ages ago, I tried a recipe for Blueberry Nutella Brownies.  Since then, I've been wanting to make them again.  Plus, since finding my favorite brownie recipe, I wanted to try adapting it and try out different flavors.  Then, there's the Farmers Market, which is just down the street from me and always bursting with amazing fresh produce.  I got some blueberries and I got to work!

My Favorite Dark Chocolate Brownies

Blueberry Nutella Brownies 

Ingredients:

8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp coffee grounds
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup Nutella
Check out that swirl! 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line the inside of a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with foil.  Let the foil hang over the ends of the pan.  Grease the foil.
2. In a large saucepan, over very low heat, melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Once melted, stir in the sugar until well combined.  Next, stir in the eggs until well combined.  Then, mix in the coffee grounds, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.  Fold in the flour until just combined and then fold in the blueberries.  Pour the batter into the prepared pan.  Drop spoonfuls of Nutella on top of the batter and using a knife, swirl it in. 
3. Bake for about 40 minutes.  The sides will be set and the center will be just a little wet still.  Let cool for 15 minutes.  Using the ends of the foil, lift the brownies out of the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment