Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip-Guest Post


I have been crazy busy with teaching, school, DTS, and work! So, when I tried this dip at one of our events, I just had to ask Casey to share the recipe on this site! It was super delish!!! So, without further ado, here is my good friend Casey with his Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip

Hi, I’m Casey Pleva. I am a sophomore at UW Madison studying chemistry and I enjoy cooking
and baking.

Like Jodie, I am in Delta Theta Sigma, that is I am a brother. Before one of our events, Board
Game Night, I decided that I wanted to make a snack for everyone to enjoy. I remembered a dip
that my family had made before for New Year’s Eve parties and Swim potlucks, and I remember
it being a big hit.

Once one person started eating it, he quickly told the rest how good it was. After that, the dip
was gone in about 15 minutes. No joke. One guy asked me to send him the recipe so he could
make it the next day and eat the entire pan by himself.

This dip is flavorful, a little bit spicy, and, best of all, really cheesy.

Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:
8 oz. package of low fat cream cheese, softened
½ cup light ranch salad dressing
½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Sauce
2 (12.5 oz) cans white chunk chicken breast in water, drained
¼ cup light ranch salad dressing
large bag Fritos Scoops

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cream cheese and ½ cup ranch dressing in a bowl, mix well.
3. Using a rubber spatula, spread on the bottom of a 9x13 glass or ceramic pan.
4. Combine the chicken, Franks Redhot, cheese, and ¼ cup ranch dressing in a bowl,
combine, and spread on top of the cream cheese.
5. Sprinkle a liberal amount of cheese (and being a Wisconsinite, I mean a freakin’ whole lot o’
cheese) on top.
6. Bake 20 min, or until mixture is heated through.  Serve warm and melty with Fritos Scoops.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. I made these yesterday. I loved them! Turned out great! Making them for my bf's family's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so delicious my family devoured it! Wasn't a scrap left. Can't wait to make it again!

    ReplyDelete