Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Butterbeer-Regular and Adult Only Style

Today I feel really happy.  I think it is the "Almost-Thanksgiving-Cheer" that is in the air.  Today at school, my students took a quiz, and tomorrow we are going to be watching Boy Meets World as a little treat before break.  Plus, it just does not make sense to start a new unit right before the break.  I can't wait! On top of all this excitement, tomorrow is PJ day! I know right, it's going to be great.

Also, I found out that next semester, when I do my full-time student teaching at a high school, I will be teaching Algebra for juniors/seniors, AP Statistics, and AP Calculus.  The drastic change from middle school math is really exciting.  I met with my new cooperating teacher yesterday and now I am just super excited.  I love all these subjects and I can't wait!  There are only a few things keeping me nervous: 1. I haven't taken stats for ages and if anyone other there has any tips or good resources, I would love the help, and 2. I need to get a lot of nice, professional clothes so that I don't look like a student! Other than that, I am ready and excited!

And, today my family welcomed it's newest little member into the mix! My brother and his wife gave birth to a beautiful, healthy boy this morning.  So, once again, I am an Aunt!  I can't wait to go home for Thanksgiving break and meet my new little nephew.  I just need to make it through one more morning of school and then I am free!

With all this excitement, I am also pumped to share my final part of the crazy Thanksgiving Feast-Harry Potter Style.  For drinks, we decided on, of course, Butterbeer!  I have a bunch of friends who have had Butterbeer at Harry Potter World, and they all agreed that this was even better.  These recipes are great and since one is alcoholic and one is not, everyone can try some!

Butterbeer (adapted from MuggleNet)

 Adult Version:
2-3 shots butterscotch schnapps
12 oz cream soda
Topping: Whipped Cream

Directions:
1. Mix the schnapps with the cream soda and then top with whipped cream!

Not-so-Adult Version:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
24 oz cream soda
Topping: Whipped Cream

Directions:
1. Melt the butter and butterscotch topping together in a small saucepan.  Once melted, remove from heat and mix in the cream soda.  Top with whipped cream!

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. This is incredible! It is so inventive, and I'm sure it's delicious. I think I'm just going to have to try to make it myself. I'm going to Harry Potter world this month, and can't wait to try their version of Butterbeer as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recioe we use calls for equal shots of butterscotch schnapps and vanilla vodka mixed with cream soda. Good stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete