Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Champagne Glazed Carrots

I am so so so so so so nervous.

I have a Recruitment Fair in one hour and I am crazy antsy.  I just want to get it over with! After work today, I am going over the union for the K-12 Recruitment Fair.  A bunch of districts from Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota have sent representatives over to talk to prospective teachers and interview them.  I have never done anything like this before and so I am nervous! I am also pretty excited, but the nerves are mostly taking over.  I also have a busy week where I am teaching, working, having staff meetings, and going out of town for the weekend! Why does this always seem to happen?  Thanksgiving is over and so everything gets piled on!

In other news, I made some super yummy carrots to bring to my sister's house for Thanksgiving.  I am sharing them today because this post is helping me keep busy and de-stress while I wait to go over to the fair.  Enjoy this recipe and wish me luck!

Champagne Honey Glazed Carrots (adapted from Food.com)

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp unsalted butter
4 lbs. baby carrots
2 shallots, minced
2 cups champagne
4 tbsp honey
4 sprigs fresh thyme
kosher salt and white pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium-high heat.  Once butter has melted, mix in the carrots and stir to combine.  Cook on medium-high, uncovered for about 20 minutes.  Carrots should be just starting to cook and become soft.
2. Mix in the champagne, honey and thyme.  Season with the salt and white pepper.  Let cook until the liquid is reduced by about 3/4.  This should take another 5 minutes.  Remove the thyme and remove from heat.  Serve immediately, or place in fridge and warm up when ready to serve.
This can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I was wondering where the shallots come into play?

    ReplyDelete