Friday, December 28, 2012

Asheville, NC

Day 2 of driving commenced without a snowstorm an was therefore a much nicer day.  We started our day off with a nice breakfast at the hotel and then got on the road! I started out driving today to give Bri a little more time to wake up and a break from yesterday.

The first 5 hours of driving got us into North Carolina.  The views were amazing!  Driving through the mountains is beautiful, however it is also tedious! Also, I hate trucks who drive a little in both lanes...so annoying!  Finally, we made it to Asheville, our lunch destination.
The Biltmore Estate
I have this sweet app on my phone called, "Food Network on the Road."  You can find all the restaurants near you that Food Network has recommended.  It's pretty fantastic.  We found the Tupelo Honey Cafe this way.  It was a great place for lunch.  The food was fantastic and I finally got to try my first Fried Green Tomatoes!  We had biscuits, fried green tomatoes, and then I got the veggie melt with sweet potato fries.  Everything was delicious!  If you are ever in Asheville (known for the Biltmore Estate) go tour that house and then grab some lunch here!  We had already been to the Biltmore so we just did lunch and got back on the road.




We arrived at our final destination in Isle of Palms around 7:30, got settled, went grocery shopping, and then went to sleep.  I haven't seen the ocean yet, but I can hear it! I can't wait to explore a little tomorrow!

2 comments: