Sunday, December 30, 2012

Charleston, SC Day 2

Today did not get off on the greatest foot.  First thing in the morning, we were woken up by the fire alarm at the crack of dawn.  We waited outside in the car since it was raining until we had the all clear to go back in about 45 minutes later.  Turns out it was just a faulty alarm.  I was exhausted, but I couldn't go back to sleep.  It was already 7 and so I headed out for a run.  This helped a tad since the rain had stopped and I felt good about getting in a work out.

After my run, I did absolutely nothing for a few hours.  Then, I finally showered.  By then, my family was up and we proceeded to do absolutely nothing for another few hours.  I love vacation!  We sat around, watched movies, and read books.  It was amazing.
Mom and Dad on the Boardwalk 
Zack and Bri on a Rocking Chair Bench! Those two were
having way too much fun :)
After we decided that we should really get up and get going, we took a walk down to the boardwalk and saw the beach.  Then, it was off to the mall for some retail therapy and frozen yogurt!  I didn't buy anything, but I did thoroughly enjoy that froyo.




After our relaxing afternoon, we got all spruced up and ready to go out for dinner at The Boathouse. This was an AMAZING meal.  If you are ever in the area, stop by this place.  The service was great, the food was fantastic, and we all had a great time.  Here are some of this dishes that we ordered:

Fried Green Tomatoes with Pimento Cheese
Crab Corn Chowder
Lobster Tails and Crabcake 
Scallops in Honey Dijon
Pasta Primavera
Scallops in Lemon Basil Aioli
Roasted Flounder
After dinner, we drove to the Festival of Lights that is nearby and a holiday tradition for the Charleston area.  It was super cute.  You pay per car and then you drive in this giant circle where a ton of cute lights are set up for the holidays.  Along the way, you can stop and park for various activities such as gingerbread houses, s'mores, and a carousel   We decided just to do the drive since it was sort of late and most of the activities were geared towards young children.  Still, it was a very cute activity.  By the time we got home, I was exhausted from being up since that dumb fire alarm and so ready for sleep.  Can't wait for tomorrow! 
Rudolph!
Their tribute to Hanukkah! 


No comments:

Post a Comment