Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Charleston, SC Day 5: All About Football

January 1st means one thing around here: Football.  After a walk in the morning on the beach, my mom, Bri and I headed back to the condo to get ready for the day's festivities.

There was the Northwestern game, then Nebraska, and then, finally, the Rosebowl.  I cared about this guy because my Badgers were playing in it for the third year in a row!  We were all very excited to see how they would fare against the much favored Stanford team.  And, although they lost, it was a good game.  Plus, we had great snacks and a yummy dessert to cheer us up. Oh, and more football after...

We didn't do much today, but I do have some great recipes to share with you after this trip is over. For game day, I made a Lightened Up Cheesy Crab Dip, Lightened Up Spinach Artichoke Dip, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sliders, and Poached Salmon.  For dessert, my dad and I made a No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.  It was a great way to kick off 2013.  Check out the spread!


1 comment:

  1. The beach looks great! I am not a big fan of football, but love the party that goes along with watching a game!

    ReplyDelete