Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Once again I am at work after a long day of school.  However, today was a great day, followed by a yummy lunch of homemade Sonoma Chicken Salad with a Chobani Bite for dessert, and then it was off to work.  Bri is visiting me and he is currently hard at work working on his thesis/making creme brulee.  We are having a little dinner/date night tonight.  I am going to cook up a delicious dinner after work and we both wanted to try making creme brulee for dessert. However, since creme brulee takes so long to set and chill, Bri is making that now and I will do dinner later! I can't wait! 

Today's post is quite the treat.  Over winter break, my dad requested that we bake something together.  I was a tad nervous about this experience.  I mean, my dad is awesome and I love spending time with him, but we are so similar that we tend to argue quite a bit since we are both so sassy!  I decided that the perfect thing to "bake" together, would be a "no-bake" chocolate peanut butter pie.  This way, there was no stress about it turning out okay and we wouldn't get into any arguments! It turned out to be super yummy.  I am going to have to remember this one for Pi Day! 

Dad did a great job mixing everything up and sticking the pie in the fridge.  Truly, it was impressive.  He also did dishes which was fantastic!  I ended up assembling the pie and decorating and it turned out fantastic.  I guess we made a pretty good team.  Maybe next time we will be able to handle something you actually need to bake! 

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Ingredients:
1 9-inch Oreo crust
1 8 oz container of light frozen whipped topping
4 oz light cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp skim milk
1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional...but it's delicious)
whipped cream

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, beat the whipped topping, cream cheese, and peanut butter. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar.  Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
2.  Place the chocolate chips and milk in a small saucepan and double boil over medium heat, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Stir in the espresso powder.
3.  Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling and, using a toothpick or knife, swirl the chocolate into the top.  Place the pie in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until set.  
4.  Decorate with whipped cream and mini peanut butter cups.

Enjoy :)




2 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious! Peanut butter and chocolate is the best combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. I know my daughter would love it! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete