Sunday, February 17, 2013

Francesca's al Lago and a Birthday!

I just had such a fun weekend! My parents came up to visit me and to celebrate my Dad's birthday!

Happy Birthday Dad! 

On Friday, I had Vegas Night at my house and it was a blast.  We got all dressed up and had a really fun time.  It was extra special since it was my LAST Vegas Night.  It was a good one to end with and I had a ton of fun dancing and hanging out with my friends.

Also, I found out that Bri got accepted into the University of Chicago's Law School!!!!  This was amazing news and probably means that I will end up in Chicago with him after graduation! I am so excited for him and I can't wait to see where I will be and what I will be up to in the future.  Now, I have to seriously start job searching.  This is stressful, but also really exciting.  If you know of any good teaching opportunities in the Chicago-land area, let me know!

Saturday was when my parents showed up.  They stayed in the Concourse Hotel.  This place is famous for it's amazing Happy Hour.  They serve FREE drinks and appetizers.  We got a few cocktails and some snacks and then headed to Francescas al Lago for dinner   My mom and I have been here before and knew that we would love it.  It was a great place to go for a lovely birthday dinner. My mom and I got the salmon and then my dad got the chicken parmesan.  It was all delicious!

After dinner, it was time to head to the Overture Center to see West Side Story.  Now, I'm not a huge fan of this show simply because it is rather depressing.  However, the dancing was amazing and I ended up wishing I could jump up on stage and dance with them.  My family has always been into musicals and this was the perfect activity for us.  Plus, afterwards, we went to the Ivory Room for a few more drinks and dueling pianos!  This bar is so much fun and a great place to go when you are in Madison.  We requested songs and had a great time listening to the music.  The piano players are super talented and they can play anything!

So this pretty much sums up a typical Madison weekend  fraternity party, happy hour, amazing food, cultured experience, and going to a bar.  It was great to share all this with my parents.  No wonder I love this city so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment