Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Nutella Greek Yogurt

Did everyone watch the bachelor?!?! Anyways, I totally watched the bachelor. It was awesome.  I also ate dark chocolate reese's custard.  That was even better.  At the same time, I applied to a few schools, wrote some cover letters, replied to a ton of emails, and went over the lesson for geometry.  Yay for being productive and being able to multi-task really well!

I had a fun day teaching today: the number one question in Algebra 2 has been: "How are we supposed to do this without our calculators!"  or, "How am I supposed to memorize this?"  This is all in regards to the unit circle and graphing sine or cosine graphs. So, today, I gave them a little "pop quiz" where they had to create the unit circle without any resource pages or calculators.  They were allowed to work in teams and guess what?  They were able to do it! It was awesome because they had to figure out strategies for creating the unit circle and this proved to them that they do know how to do this!  We also practiced graphing a ton and it was really great to watch them develop these skills.  Our next class is a team test and I hope that they are more confident about it now that they know that they can do things without their calculators or notes.

In other news, I discovered an awesome new snack: Nutella Greek Yogurt.  With all my running, planning, and, when I find time, sleeping, I have been on the look out for yummy little treats or healthy little snacks.  This is the perfect combination of both.  After a long day of teaching and a four mile run, I mixed a little nutella into my greek yogurt and had a dessert that was protein-packed and delicious.  It was a great way to end my day!

Nutella Greek Yogurt

Ingredients: 
1 cup non-fat, plain greek yogurt
2 tbsp nutella

Directions:
1. Mix them together! Add a little more nutella if you want it sweeter or more yogurt for a more tart flavor.

Enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. 1. Of course I watched The Bachelor - I totally called it weeks ago! :-)

    2. I'm definitely going to give this a try. I'm not a huge fan of Greek yogurt (it's a little too tart for me), but I'm trying to get into it - I think the Nutella would help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand where you are coming from! When I taught O Chem in grad school there was a lot of whining about - how can I memorize all of this??? Bunch of complainers :)

    Fabulous use of nutella here, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is quite in-depth and gives a good overview of the topic. Information is pretty good and impressed me a lot. Thanks https://www.astronecollege.com

    ReplyDelete