Monday, April 29, 2013

Grilled Spinach Artichoke and Chicken Sandwiches

This weekend I saw my little brother in his first half marathon and he did great! I can't believe that mine is less than a month away! This past week I got up to 11 miles and it was pretty rough.  I didn't drink enough water before hand and I ended up struggling.  Plus, my shoes are pretty worn at this point and I've been getting blisters! Uh oh! I need new shoes ASAP! I want to be able to break them in before I go off on this Half Marathon in one month! This week I am going to keep up with my shorter runs, but I've been getting so busy with school and interviews that it has been getting pretty difficult to keep up on other things like running and cooking! I'm doing my best!

Today I have a great lunch idea! Grilled Spinach Artichoke and Chicken Sandwiches.  I used yummy whole wheat wraps, make my Lightened Up Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip (this time I used all Greek Yogurt instead of half yogurt half sour cream), and then spread some of that along with chicken strips on my flatbread and turned it into a little panini.  It was a delicious lunch and I love how I had enough to make leftovers to take with me to school!

Grilled Spinach Artichoke and Chicken Sandwiches

Ingredients:
1 batch of Lightened Up Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip
1 packaged Grilled Chicken Strips
8 pieces Whole Wheat Flatbread

Directions:
1. Lightly grease a pan and place over medium heat.
2. Spread dip on a piece of flatbread and place chicken strips on top.  Top with other piece of flatbread and toast over medium heat for 3 minutes.  Flip and toast the other side for 3 minutes.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodie, This sandwich sounds delicious. I like the lightened up dip. Thanks for sharing this with Foodie Friends Friday this week.

    Good luck in the marathon!
    Joanne/WineLady Cooks

    ReplyDelete