Sunday, April 28, 2013

Oreo Stuffed Brownies

Happy Sunday! I had a slight change of plans in regards to this weekend...

And by slight, I mean HUGE! I was supposed to hang with DTS on Friday night, run the Crazylegs Race Saturday morning, go to Spring Formal for DTS Saturday night and plan my lessons for the week today.

Instead, I got interviews! This is exciting, but it meant changing my life around quite a bit.  I had an interview Friday morning, and then I found out about two more interview on Monday and one on Tuesday! All of them are in the Chicago-area, so I decided to stay at home this weekend instead of driving back and forth a ton.  My Friday interview felt pretty good and then Friday afternoon, I left for Champaign with my parents to see my little bro run his first Half Marathon on Saturday! He totally killed it! Finished in 1 hour and 42 minutes! Thats fast! I'm hoping for a time around 2 hours! Then, we hung out in Champaign, had lunch and dinner, and even a little froyo for dessert! I've been keeping up on my runs by using the lovely work out facility at the hotel.  I'm also working through a few more applications and getting ready for my other three interviews tomorrow and Tuesday!

I also have a yummy recipe for you today.  And by yummy, I mean, insanely delicious.  I made brownies, but then I decided to put a layer of oreos in the middle.  It was a pretty darn good idea if I say so myself.  The brownies were amazing and the oreos provided an awesome little surprise in the middle.  This is my all time favorite brownie recipe and I love coming up with little ways to mix it up!

Oreo Stuffed Brownies





Ingredients:
8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp instant espresso powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 10 oz package dark chocolate chips
Oreos

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line the inside of a 13 by 9 inch baking pan with foil.  Let the foil hang over the ends of the pan.  Grease the foil.
2. In a large saucepan, over very low heat, melt the butter and bittersweet chocolate, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Once melted, stir in the sugar until well combined.  Next, stir in the eggs until well combined.  Then, mix in the espresso powder, vanilla, and salt.  Fold in the flour until just combined and then fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.  Place oreos on top of the batter.  Pour the rest of the batter over the oreos and spread out to make it even.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes.  The sides will be set and the center will be just a little wet still.  Let cool for 15 minutes.  Using the ends of the foil, lift the brownies out of the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie, thanks for sharing this on Foodie Friends Friday Anything Goes. It's a rainy day here this holiday weekend and this is the perfect dessert to cheer everyone.

    Have a great weekend,
    Joanne/Winelady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that looks so yummy, Jodie!!! Thanks for sharing!! Zannie

    ReplyDelete