Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pretzel M&M Cookies

Happy Sunday! I have had a lovely weekend.  Bri came up to visit me and we have had so much fun!

Friday was a scary day for me.  I had an observation from a school in IL that is considering hiring me! It's all very exciting, but I was so nervous! When it was over, I was extra excited to relax and de-stress with a fun weekend.  So, I did!

Bri and I went out for dinner to the Tipsy Cow on Friday and then out for the night with a ton of friends.  The Tipsy Cow was fantastic! I had a great Mediterranean sandwich with cheese curds on the side and Bri had their grilled cheese, tomato soup, and beer battered french fries.  It was all very tasty and it was nice to treat myself to some great comfort food.  Then, we had a great time out and I continued my quest to learn the card game, Ucher.  I think I'm getting the hang of it!

Saturday was a great day to be lazy.  I didn't want to do anything so I didn't.  Well, after I got in my 8 mile run.  Then, I showered and we watched episodes of How I Met Your Mother and had lunch with a bunch of DTS for parents day.  My parents didn't come up, but I got to see my friend Lauren's family and the food was awesome! After more episodes of How I Met Your Mother and a nap, we met up with friends at Great Dane for a drink and then dinner at Flattop Grill.  The food was yummy, but their service was rather slow and we ended up getting a few free meals because they felt so bad.  Next, Bri and I came back to campus and met up with Max at Forever Yogurt for dessert...yum! Our adventure continued as we met up with Russ, Lauren, and Max (other Max) at The Plaza.  I like this bar because it is fairly chill.  We got a booth and spent time just catching up.  Other Max was in town because he had just been visiting University of Chicago and might be going there for law school!  How cute is that?  Bri and Max might end up there together!

Now it is Sunday, and while I had a lovely weekend, I know that I now need to get some work done.  After my Jillian Michael's Workout, I am planning on a shower, lesson planning for the week, filling out some more job applications, and then baking! Yep, I am going to bake something today.  Not sure what yet, so if you have a suggestion I'd love to hear it! I have been so stressed the past few weeks that I just haven't had much energy for cooking or baking, but I miss it and I know that it will make me feel good to get back in the game.  Check out this awesome cookie recipe and I can't wait to share what I end up creating today!

Pretzel M&M Cookies


Ingredients:
3 cups flour
1 tsp cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
pinch of cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg white
1 tbsp vanilla
12 oz pretzel M&Ms

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well combined.  Beat in vanilla.  Beat in dry ingredients until just combined and stir in M&Ms.
4. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.  This recipe makes about 60 cookies that are about 2 tbsp in size.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment