Monday, June 3, 2013

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Skillet Cookies

For the past 10 weeks, I have been updating you on my Half Marathon progress.  Well, now it is over! So, I guess I'll update you on my post-half marathon progress.  It took me a while to get back out there running.  I was a little lazy and a little sore.  However, after a difficult three mile run the Tuesday after, I attempted a 4 mile run on Wednesday and felt much better.  By Friday and Saturday, I was feeling like myself again and even got up to a 6 mile run.  I also did my cross training work out video which was especially difficult because of my sore legs and because I skipped it the week before.  All in all, it was good and I am glad I pushed myself to get back into my routine.  Now, I need to find another Half to train for.  I am totally addicted!

Today's recipe is super yummy and definitely something you should all indulge in.  I have cute miniature cast iron skillets and I have decided that the best use for them is to make miniature skillet cookies.  These are perfectly sized to be split by Bri and I and they encourage the use of ice cream as a topping.  Don't they sound wonderful?  Last week, I made Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies in them and threw in some chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  YUM! I used my recipe for whole wheat peanut butter oatmeal cookies and halved it.  Then, the batter fit perfectly into my two miniature skillets.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Skillet Cookies


Ingredients:
Half Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Dough
1/2 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Directions:
1. Make the cookie dough according to directions and mix in the peanut butter cups.  Divide the batter between the two mini skillets.
2. Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cookie just begins to brown.

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds and looks so tasty! I love peanut butter cups AND cookies - best of both worlds!

    Love your blog so much! Would love it if you checked out mine - I've only restarted it again recently!
    jinglebug.blogspot.com

    .x

    ReplyDelete