Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Vegetarian Quesidillas

Back to camp! I am starting yet another summer as a site director at a day camp in my home town and I am pretty pumped about it! This week we have camp training and I am excited to see all my counselors and get ready for the summer.  Plus, it will be a nice week of getting back into the swing of things after a great last week at school.  

I have been doing a lot of work for camp, catching up with my friends from home (MNL!!!!) and looking into recipes that I want to make this summer! So far, I have been too tired/lazy to do much, but I promise some great things are on the way!

Bri and I have gotten into making quesadillas and these were really yummy! Quesadillas are a great way to use up leftover veggies or try a new kind of cheese.  Since we are both pretty big fans of both, this was an awesome dinner.  

Vegetarian Quesadillas

Ingredients:
whole wheat tortillas
4 green onions, chopped
1 red pepper, diced
1 avocado, sliced
cheese (we used a mix of pepper-jack and mexican blend)

Directions:
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat and place tortilla in skillet.  Sprinkle cheese on one half of the tortilla and top with the onions, avocado, and peppers.
2.  Let cook until cheese starts to melt, about 3 minutes, then fold over and flip and let cook for another 4 minutes.  Serve with salsa and maybe even some chips or sour cream!
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment