Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chocolate Chip Meringues

So I made homemade ice cream for my Dad and ended up with a TON of extra egg whites.  So, to use up these egg whites, I made meringues!  I had never made meringues before and I was excited to give it a try.  Plus, these guys are naturally gluten free and happen to be my favorite treat around Passover time.  I made GIANT meringues with chocolate and white chocolate chips and they were absolutely delicious!  

Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Meringues



Ingredients:
8 egg whites
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
3 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups chocolate and white chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixer, beat all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips on high until a stiff peak forms.  Merengue should hold its shape.  This should take a little while, so be patient!  Gently fold in the chocolate chips.  
3. Drop dollops of the mixture on the prepared sheets and place in oven for about 25 minutes or until meringues are lightly browned towards the bottom.  Let cool on the sheets for 20 minutes and then let cool on a cooling rack.  

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment