Thursday, July 18, 2013

Whole Wheat M&M Mug Cookie

I have a horrible sweet tooth.

Luckily, my mom bought some amazing Phish Food Frozen Yogurt (my favorite) and when I am craving something sweet, I take a scoop.  I try to make that pint last as long as possible since I don't want to pig out, and my mom hardly ever gets it so I want to savor it!

A few weeks ago, my mom didn't have anything sweet in the house!  Gasp! It was so she wouldn't eat anything bad, but I was seriously in need of some sort of dessert like thing.  So, I found a recipe for a mug cookie!  I had never made one before and it was just SCREAMING my name.  I made my "healthy" by using whole wheat flour and I mixed in Mini M&Ms because that just made me happy.  It seriously took me less than 5 minutes and it was awesome!  Check out my mug cookie!

Whole Wheat M&M Mug Cookie
(adapted from The Comfort of Cooking)

Ingredients:
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
a pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp mini m&ms

Directions:
1. Microwave the butter for 30 seconds or until just melted.
2. Using a spoon, stir the sugar and brown sugar into the butter.  Stir in the vanilla and salt.  Next, stir in the egg yolk until completely combined.  Finally, stir in the flour and m&ms until just combined.
3. Microwave for 1 minute.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. G'day! You mug cookie look fun too; viewing as part of Foodie Friends Friday Party!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like mug cakes and make one whenever I'm out of a dessert. I think mug cakes 'hit the spot' when you need a treat. Thanks for sharing this with Foodie Friends Friday.

    Joanne/WineLady Cooks

    ReplyDelete