Monday, July 15, 2013

Whole Wheat Pizza Crust and Yummy Pizza Ideas

It's another Monday! That means its back to camp.  This week's theme is Reality TV and today is all about Top Chef! We are playing a bunch of food related camp games and competitions and I am excited!

After camp, I am going to get in a run and then I have Monday Night Pilates with Al Pal!  This is my little nickname for my friend Alyson who just turned 21!  I celebrated with her this weekend downtown and it was such a fun time! We went to Navy Pier to eat at Harry Carry's and watch the fireworks off the Pier.  It was a beautiful night! Afterwards, we waited until midnight and then Alyson got to have her first legal drink! We stayed overnight at this great Sheraton in the area and it was just great!  Happy Birthday Al Pal!

Today I have a yummy pizza crust recipe to share.  I made these pizzas for the 4th of July potluck my friends and I put together before the fireworks in our hometown.  I used whole wheat flour for this crust, but you can do any mix of all purpose and whole wheat.  After I made the crust, I decided on two different pizzas: Spinach, Red Pepper, and Feta and Carmelized Onion  Honey  and Goat Cheese.  Both were amazing!

Whole Wheat Pizzas


Ingredients:
3 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups water

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, salt and yeast together.  With the mixer on, slowly pour in the water and mix until the dough just comes together.  Form the dough into a ball, place in a lightly greased bowl, and place in a dry spot.  I put mine in the turned-off oven. Let rise for 18-24 hours.  I just do this part the night before I want to make my dinner.
2.  When you are ready to make the pizza.  Dust a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet with cornmeal.  Take half your dough and stretch it out to form the crust.  Place on the cornmeal, top with your pizza toppings and bake at 500 for about 8-10 minutes or until crust begins to brown.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your pizza crust recipe Jodi. I'm making this tonight :). I've shared this on G+ today. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    Joanne/WineLady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whole wheat pizza crust. It looks delicious and healthy. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete