Friday, August 2, 2013

Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa

How did it become August?!?!?

I finally was able to submit all of my teacher certification stuff for Illinois, I received my new teacher training schedule, and I'm moving tomorrow!

It's also the last day of camp and I can't believe it.  Time has just been flying by and camp has been so much fun.  I absolutely love my campers and counselors and I have a great time at camp.  I will miss it all so much.

Today I have a great dinner idea for you!  My mom and I went to Whole Foods and bought some Mahi Mahi Fish Taco Filling from the fish counter.  Then, we made our own Mango Salsa and sliced up some avocado to top it all off.  It was a really yummy dinner and the mango salsa was a great idea to add to the tacos to spice them up a little!

Mango Salsa



Ingredients:
1 mango, cut into cubes
1 jalapeño, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
3 tbsp fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. Mix everything together and toss with the cilantro.

This would be a great little side dish to have as a fresh salad and I would also add it to regular salsa to make it more exciting.  If you want more spice, add the seeds of the jalapeño and if you want less spice, leave them out or put less jalapeño in.

No comments:

Post a Comment