Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Move

I moved!

This past weekend Bri and I moved into our very first apartment and we couldn't be more excited.

Well, to be honest.  It was crazy stressful and we were a tad bit strained.  However, now that we are sorta settled, we are pumped.  We love the place and we finally finished building all our furniture and making it look like home!  It has been so fun and exciting and I'm sorry that I have been so MIA.  We didn't have internet until yesterday afternoon and this is the first time I have been able to blog!

I have not really been cooking because it has been so crazy around here.  I have been trying out a bunch of different restaurants in the area!  My bestie Caryn and her boyfriend Max are staying with us right now and we had a great night last night.  We explored the area and had dinner at Fountainhead and dessert at Yogurt Square.  I had an amazing veggie burger and then indulged in some delish frozen yogurt.  Both places were delightful.  The night before, Caryn, Bri and I all went to a place called Mxtico and had amazing Mexican food.  I got the fish tacos and it was fantastic.

Overall, everything seems awesome around here.  I went for a run for the first time in Chicago and explored a little more.  I found a new lakeshore to run on!  I also experienced my first commute as I went out to Zion for the first time to see my new school and meet some of the people.  I will be doing that again 6 more times for new teacher training and geometry meetings.  I am excited to get acquainted with everything and I am also very nervous.

More news coming to you soon as I try out my new kitchen!

4 comments: