Friday, January 3, 2014

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

As Winter Break winds down, I have to say I have been so grateful for these two weeks off.  I have slept in, ate when I actually felt hungry, ran almost every day, cooked, played with Benny, watched a ton of Netflix, and read four books! It has been amazing.  Stay-cations really are wonderful!

Last night, I got to have dinner with my mom and saw a ton of my girlfriends at Love's.  It was just like old times and it was great to be with so many wonderful people.  Now that the weekend is here, I have a ton to catch up on for school!

There are two more weeks of first semester which means finals are right around the corner.  I am busy planning lessons to re-teach some of the things we learned right before break (I'm pretty sure I forgot everything over break when I was in high school) and lessons to review before finals.  I can't believe I am nearing the end of my first semester as a teacher.  I have learned so much, gotten to know my students (who are awesome) and have already survived 2 of my 3 evaluations.  I feel like I am well on my way to becoming a pro, but I know I am going to continue to learn for the rest of my career!  For example, I recently went to a co-teaching conference and learned a ton of great strategies to incorporate into my teaching style.  I am excited to try to incorporate a few in the new semester!

And, to celebrate a wonderful break, today I have a recipe that is just delicious.  I know that many of you are trying to eat well and keep to your new years resolutions, but once in a while, it does not hurt to have a little treat!  These White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies are just the trick!  They are chewy, tasty, and comforting!

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies

Ingredients:
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 tsp cornstarch
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 egg white
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk four, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
3. In another large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and egg white until well combined.  Beat in vanilla.  Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until just combined.  Stir in macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
4.  Spoon about 2 tbsp of cookie dough and form into a ball.  Place all cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment