Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Baked Spinach Cheesy Pasta

I am just loving Scottsdale! Last night I got to catch up with two of my favorite ladies from school.  After graduation, these girls moved out here to become middle school teachers and it was so great to see them and catch up!  After a day lounging around at the pool, my family met up with Courtney and Glynis for dinner and dessert in Old Scottsdale.  I couldn't believe how long it had been since we were hanging out and watching Badger games.  I really hope I get to see more of them before the end of this vacation!

Today I have a recipe that is just one of those staples everyone should have in their back pocket.  This Baked Spinach Cheesy Pasta is so simple, quick, and delicious.  Plus, it's vegetarian so therefore perfect for Bri and I have to have during out busy weeks.  I adapted the recipe from Food & Wine.

Baked Spinach Cheesy Pasta

Ingredients:
1 lb whole wheat pasta
olive oil
10 oz frozen spinach, cooked and drained
2 cups low-fat ricotta
5 tbsp grated parmesan
nutmeg
salt and pepper, to taste
6 oz grated fontina cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 and grease a 9 inch round baking dish.
2. Cook pasta according to directions until al dente and drain.  Place in baking dish and toss with about 1 tbsp of olive oil.
3. Place drained spinach, ricotta, parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse to combine.  Stir in half the fontina.
4. Stir the cheese mixture into the pasta.  Top with the additional fontina and additional parmesan if desired.
5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment