Saturday, April 19, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Marsala

This morning I went for a run.  It started off great. I had planned out 9.5 miles and it was a beautiful morning.  Around mile 6, I totally wiped out because I tripped on the uneven pavement.  I proceeded to limp/run my way home and cut my run short by about 1 mile.  Now, I am sitting here with bandaids all over my knees, elbow, and palms and all I can think about is: "Only 17 more miles!"

I just signed up for the Chicago Marathon and I am very nervous and excited about it.  Right now, I'm in a little bit of pain due to my tripping injuries, but once I am better I am going to start training! I can't wait!

Today I am sharing with you one of my family's favorite chicken recipes.  In honor of Passover where we don't eat bread, this is a great dish! It is really yummy and the chicken comes out great in the crock pot!

Crock Pot Chicken Marsala

Ingredients
  • 2  cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1  tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 8  boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2  teaspoon salt
  • 1/2  teaspoon pepper
  • 2  jars (6 oz each) Green Giant® sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 1  cup sweet Marsala wine or Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
  • 1/2  cup water
  • 1/4  cup cornstarch
Directions

  1. 1Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, place garlic and oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place in cooker over garlic. Place mushrooms over chicken; pour wine over all.
  2. 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
  3. 3Remove chicken from cooker; place on plate and cover to keep warm. In small bowl, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into liquid in cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook about 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
  4. 4Return chicken to cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 5 minutes longer or until chicken is hot.
  5. 5To serve, spoon mushroom mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with parsley.

1 comment:

  1. Order quantity Xanax, Percocet,OxyContin,hydrocodone,soma,norco
    Email..drugstore679@gmail.com
    Wickr me : petersonericson
    Text/ call or WhatsApp : +1(917) 790-5806
    📸Snapchat @ marco_plug 💉
    https://t.me/legitpillsstore

    ReplyDelete