Sunday, April 6, 2014

Spinach and Feta Stuffed Shells

I have been on quite the Spinach and Artichoke kick.  This has always been one of my favorite combinations and it goes so well with so many different kinds of dishes!  For example, I am writing this while I wait for my Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Casserole to come out of the oven.   Today's recipe is for a pasta dish that incorporates spinach and artichoke.

I have to admit, I'm a little bummed out today.  Wisconsin basketball is finally over for the season.  I was so proud of the team for making it to the final four and putting up such a great fight against Kentucky.  I was sad when they lost, but it was an amazing game and now I guess I can focus my energy on those Blackhawks!

In other news, I just started a Zumba class! I used to go to Zumba all the time in college and I have been missing it since graduation.  I just joined a local LA Fitness and they offer Zumba classes almost every day! It is such a fun way to work out and I am super excited to keep this up.
Finally, in school news, I officially have a job again next year!  I will be returning to the same school as a second-year teacher and I cannot wait! I can't believe this year is almost over (8 more weeks!).  Time has flown by and it has been such an amazing learning experience.  I spend so much time thinking about how I can better myself as a teacher for my students and I know this means that I am truly passionate and have found the right place.  For the summer, I will be working as a camp director for the local park district again and I am excited to break up my high school time with some cute camp experiences.  I feel like I've really found my niche and its great!

Spinach and Feta Stuffed Shells
(adapted from Tracy's Culinary Adventures)

Ingredients: 
your favorite pasta sauce (store bought or homemade)
20 jumbo shells
1 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
1 cup crumbled light feta cheese
1/2 cup part-skim ritcotta cheese
dash of salt and pepper
9 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 and spread sauce in the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch pan.
2. Cook shells for 1 minute less than the directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix 1/2 of the mozzarella, feta, ricotta, salt, pepper, spinach, artichoke hearts, and garlic.
4.  Stuff each shell with the filling and place in the sauce covered pan.  Pour sauce over the tops of your stuffed shells and then sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella over the top.  Bake for 25 minutes.

Enjoy :)

1 comment: