Sunday, October 12, 2014

My First Marathon

I really can't believe that this day is here.  One year ago, I watched the Chicago Marathon and said, "I'm totally going to do this next year."  When it came time to sign up, six months ago, I still had that frame of mind.  I figured, while I'm young, I should try to do everything that inspires me.

Five years ago, if I told myself I would one day run a marathon, I would have laughed myself to tears.  I was totally not a runner.  I would go to the gym and stand on the elliptical just because everyone else was doing it and then I would get a snack right afterwards.  I wasn't exactly into working out :)  But then, I started jogging with my friend Caryn and this blog and everything changed.  Caryn provided me with the motivation and support to get out there and keep moving.  This blog, taught me to cook.  I know its about food and recipes, but truly it is about me making myself do something good and learn how to eat.  Both of these things helped me to realize that I was always much stronger and disciplined than I had ever realized before.  Both of these things helped me embrace who I am and what I love.

Now that today is here, I could not be more proud of myself for taking on this challenge.  It terrifies me.  I have trained for 18 weeks.  I have run 20 miles.  People keep telling me I am ready and its time to believe in that and have some fun.  I am so excited for today's race even if I feel like I'm going to get sick at any moment right now.  Last night, as I was sitting at dinner with my parents, cousin, Bri, and tons of good friends, I looked around me and realized that I have so much support and love in my life.  This is what is going to carry me through today.  I blog about food because I love how food brings people together.  Last night, we were brought together by two of my loves, food and running and it meant so much to me to have so many people there.

In about 40 minutes, I am going to be picked up by my marathon buddy, Jana, and we will be off to start this crazy adventure.  Wish me luck and thank you to everyone who has supported me in all the crazy endeavors I have taken on!

1 comment:

  1. You’ll would like them to exhibit your developed code, any drawback you're facing or any app that you just have designed.

    http://toptenstuff.in/category/science-tech

    ReplyDelete