Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Cauliflower Stir Fry

My first day back went pretty much as expected.  Kids didn't want to be there, they complained about having to "do math" and they were annoyed that we had to get ready for finals.  Like any of this is my fault.  I would love to have finals before winter break.

However, in general school has been going really well this year.  I can't believe we are at the end of the semester.  This year seems to be flying by.  With the end of the semester, I am thinking about about my teaching and what to change/keep for next semester.  It's important to always improve and I think that I have already seen great changes from my first year to this one.  Next semester, I am excited to see how I continue to change and improve my teaching practice.

I have also been spending a lot of time looking for new recipes.  These new recipes are frequently inspired by new restaurants.  For example, I recently ate at Cumin, an Indian restaurant in the Wicker Park area of Chicago.  It was amazing!  I can't even remember what I ordered, but everything was fantastic and the service was great.  Our waiter made great recommendations and we had a delicious experience.  I definitely want to try out some Indian cooking in my future.

Today I am sharing a recipe for Cauliflower Stir Fry.  I found the original recipe over at one of my favorite blogs, The Pioneer Woman.  She is so awesome and her food always looks amazing.  I just took her recipe and lightened it up a little bit.  Plus, I added some flavors that I just love.  So, run out to the store, buy a whole head of cauliflower, and whip up this recipe for your next meal!

Cauliflower Stir Fry

Ingredients:
1 whole head of cauliflower
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
2 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp siracha or other hot sauce

Directions:
1. Break off pieces of the cauliflower so that you don't have any green pieces and then chop it up so that you have small florets.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add in the garlic and cauliflower.  Stir until your cauliflower begins to brown.  Turn the heat to medium-low and add in the soy sauce, lime juice, green onions and siracha.  Continue to cook until the cauliflower is evenly coated in the sauce.  Feel free to add more hot sauce if you want a spicier flavor.

Enjoy :)



http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2014/05/spicy-cauliflower-stir-fry/

1 comment:

  1. I just found your site and as passionate about travel, thank you and wish you a good continuation. Especially keep going well; your site is great!
    Best Regards
    defiscalisation Maroc
    Vente commerce marrakech
    life coaching

    ReplyDelete