Thursday, April 23, 2015

Apricot and Brie Stuffed Sweet Potato with an Egg

Every day, I take the train to school, then I take the train home, then I work out.  After all of this, the last thing I want to do is spend a ton of time cooking.  In fact, I'm usually so hungry that I just want to eat the first edible thing in sight.  I decided to buy some sweet potatoes after seeing some examples of stuffed potatoes on other blogs and making up some easy dinner recipe!  Here it is!

This stuffed sweet potato was absolute delish!  It has brie, apricot preserves, an over-easy egg, and a bit of hot sauce drizzled on top.  It was so freakin amazing that I couldn't wait to share!

Apricot and Brie Stuffed Sweet Potato with an Egg

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
1 egg
2 tbsp apricot preserves
2 tbsp sliced brie cheese
2 tsp Frank's Hot Sauce
pepper

Directions:
1. Microwave your sweet potato for 5 minutes or until it can easily be pierced with a fork.  Cut the sweet potato down the middle.
2. Spread the apricot preserves on the inside of the sweet potato and place the cheese along the middle.  This will allow it to melt a little while you cook the egg.
3. In a pan, cook your egg to perfection and then place in the middle of the sweet potato.  
4. Top everything with a few drizzles of hot sauce and some fresh black pepper.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment