Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wedding Planning Wednesday Part 3

Well, I'm a little bummed out today.  I didn't get selected for the lottery for the Chicago Marathon.  Now, I have to decide if I should just run a different marathon or if I want to raise $1000 for a charity and get a guaranteed entry into the Chicago Marathon.  What should I do????

On the other side of things, I have this really cool DIY project to share!  Wedding planning is going pretty well.  Last week, I shared our engagement party and how fantastic that all was.  This week, I am sharing a cool project that I made for our engagement party: Instagram Coasters!  There are tons of great sites that have instructions for this, but here is what I did and it worked out great!  This is such a cool project and I am totally not an artsy person, but I was able to do this!  These coasters take some time to dry, but otherwise the process is really quick and easy.  Plus, you get adorable coasters when you are done!  This was a great addition to the engagement party and people got to look at cute photos while enjoying their drinks! 

DIY Instagram Coasters

What you will need:
4 by 4 inch tiles (I found mine at Lowe's)
3.5 by 3.5 inch pictures printed out on regular paper
Delta Creative Gloss Ceramcoat Varnish
Acrylic spray
Wide paint brushes
Small, circular foam pads (4 per coaster)

Directions:
1. Clean your tiles and make sure they are completely dry.  
2. Brush a layer of Delta Creative Gloss Ceramcoat Varnish on the back of a picture and place in the middle of the tile.  
3.  Use a credit card or something similar to slide along the picture and make sure that the picture is completely flat and sticking to the tile.  This will get all the bubbles out and make sure that your picture stays put.  
4. Brush a thin layer of Delta Creative Gloss Ceramcoat Varnish over the picture so that it covers the picture and the edges of the tile.  At this point, let your tiles dry for about an hour.  Then, repeat this process with another layer of modge podge over the picture and tile.  You can repeat this step 2-3 times more to ensure your pictures stay stuck to the tile.
5.  Spray acrylic spray over the tiles.  This will give them a little shine.  You can repeat this as many times as you like to get the desired effect.  
6.  Once the coasters are totally dry, place the foam sticky circles on the backs so that your coasters won't scratch anything!


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment