Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wedding Planning Wednesday Part 4

My students are taking the PARCC test right now and I have a ton of time on my hands.  We are down to the last 7 days of teaching and I already have everything planned out, my copies are made, my finals are finished, and I am totally ready for summer.  With summer right around the corner, I am also ready to hard-core start wedding planning.  Here is my imminent to-do list:

1. Ask Bridesmaids/Maid of Honor to be in the wedding
2. Find a DJ
3. Work with venue to plan tastings with possible caterers
4. Schedule a few wedding dress shopping extravaganzas

Numbers 1 and 4 really go hand-in-hand because I want my girls to be there with me for advice and also so that we can find a bridesmaids dress as well! I have been researching like crazy and I wanted to ask: Does anyone have suggestions for bridal dress shopping venues?  I am on a budget so I can't go too crazy, but I also want to find the perfect dress.  I tried on a few styles at a David's Bridal out in Arizona and I have a good sense of what I want.  I would love an a-line gown with a Sweetheart neckline.  Like this one:
Wedding Dress

I have heard of Fifi's, Jasmine, 826, and a few others, but I need to narrow down the list.  I want something in/near Chicago.  Help!

I also have big plans for popping the "Will you be my bridesmaid/maid of honor?" question.  However, I am still working on that and I don't want to ruin the surprise!  I can't wait to show you what I've been doing, but we will have to wait for a future episode of Wedding Planning Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. nice dressing nice images i like this images thanks for the sharing the superb information..companies business listings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I agree that wedding planning is not a task of a day. Wedding planning needs enough time, but yeah if we can afford an event planner then it will be easy to manage. I am going to hire a planner for my wedding at Chicago Wedding Venues. I am sure it will not be a tough task for me to manage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Fiancé and I Are planning on getting married after collage in 4 years. I don't want to be stressed about everything so when should we start planning? Indian Manufacturers Directory | Exporter Importer Directory

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. what a great blog i like this blog. thanks for the sharing the superb information.. bizzrise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flip through some of those big thick bridal magazines you can find in stores, even supermarkets, and buy one. Most of them contain very complete time lines and checklists about organizing your wedding. Also, public libraries usually have books about wedding planning. Read some, and make copies of the checklists before you have to return the books. Automatic Voltage Stabilizer

    ReplyDelete