Friday, June 19, 2015

Southwest Salad

Camp training is off to a great start.  We got to move into the schools yesterday and start decorating.  I'm really excited to see what this summer has in store!  

In general, this week has been really great.  Bri and I were in the Wicker Park area a few days ago and we decided to check out Mindy's Hot Chocolate for a special dessert.  Now, I know I'm trying to avoid desserts, but we had a special occasion to celebrate so I figured it didn't really count...that works right?  This place is super cute.  The atmosphere is great and although we didn't eat dinner there, the food that came out of that kitchen looked fantastic.  And then the desserts, wow.  I mean, we split a Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart and a Chai Hot Chocolate and both were just fantastic.  They even have these amazing homemade marshmallows!  If you are ever in the area, you gotta stop by.  
Chai Hot Chocolate 
I'm pretty excited to eat this for lunch today.  I have this goal of eating healthier this summer by watching my portions and avoiding desserts.  This salad was the springboard for the whole plan.  This salad is super delicious, full of nutrients, and it fills me up.  I found some Chili Spiced Chicken Breast at the grocery store which really inspired me to make a southwest style salad.  So here you go! 


Southwest Salad
Ingredients:
2 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 Chili Chicken Breast, chopped
Directions:
Toss all ingredients together and then toss with the dressing.  You can use any kind of chicken that you want and any kind of dressing, but this combination is really great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment