Thursday, June 25, 2015

Spinach Pesto with a Twist

I love pesto.  Like I have a serious obsession.  If I am at a restaurant and they have anything on the menu that has some sort of pesto in it, I am all in!  So, I decided to make some to have in my fridge to incorporate into recipes.

This spinach pesto came to me after I ended up with a ton of extra spinach.  I didn't have all the typical pesto ingredients on hand, so I played around with some other options and the end result was amazing!  I have been making things like Spinach Pesto Stuffed Avocados and Spinach Pesto Eggplant Burgers.  I want to make some Spinach Pesto Broiled Salmon.  I mean, the options are endless and all delicious.

I just ran 3 miles at 5 in the morning, so now I am making my lunch and just drooling over this spinach pesto!  I might have to incorporate it into my breakfast!

Spinach Pesto
Ingredients:
2 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup basil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
1. Place everything except for the olive oil in a food processor and pulse to combined.
2. While the food processor this pulsing, slowly add in olive oil, 1 tbsp at a time, until you have a desired consistency.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment