Monday, July 13, 2015

Marathon Training Monday

Woah it is humid out there.  If you are ever training for a run or simply running in the summertime, watch out for the humidity.  I always thought it was crazy that it could be 80 degrees, but feel great because the humidity is low and then it could be 60 degrees, but feel horrible in high humidity.  They say you are not supposed to lose more than a couple pounds of water weight when you run.  So, if you notice you are sweating up a storm (like I was this morning), make sure you drink lots of water to replenish.

I guess this awful humidity and heat at 5 in the morning is a sign of a rainy day to come.  This summer has been so weird!  First, it was COLD.  Like no more than 60 degrees on a Chicago summer day.  Now, it is stormy.  Basically, my training runs have been a bit of a roller coaster and I never know what to wear.  Also, camp has been weird because of the weather.  I hope that we get a few weeks down the road of just true Chicago summer!

This week's mileage is 3, 5, 3, 7.  It is a taper week! However, I signed up to run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon.  So, instead of 7, I will be running 13.1.  Because I am missing out on the taper run and it is important to have those so that your body can recover, I am going to skip one of the longer mid-week runs next week.  That way, I can get a little more rest in.  I can't wait to tell you about my half marathon next week! Also, don't forget to check out my Marathon Webpage!

No comments:

Post a Comment