Monday, July 27, 2015

Marathon Training Monday

So this Saturday was a 12 mile run followed by an amazing breakfast at Whole Foods with my some people from my running group.  It was one of the most fun runs I've had in a while.  Now, for all you people out there who think I am crazy to run 12 miles, I sort of agree with you.  I mean, I just said I had fun running 12 miles.  But, the crazy thing is I totally did and it is mostly because I run with a group.  I love meeting new people and we all run at a pace where we are comfortable talking so it ends up being super social.  This was the first time I went to the breakfast after and that made the whole experience even more fun!

I felt great after the 12 miles and I think that was due to the fact that I didn't complete all the mileage during the week before.  Because of the half marathon I ran last weekend, I decided to "taper" the runs during the week so that I would feel better by the weekend.  It worked!

This week the mileage is 3, 6, 3, 13.  My goal is to complete all the miles.

In other running news, I am considering getting one of those cool Garmin watches.  Does anyone have any advice when it comes to running watches?  I can't decide if it is worth spending the money on! I really like this guy:


Also, I am almost at my goal of $1,500 for my charity, Have Dreams.  To learn more about this amazing charity please check out my page: Jodie B Team Have Dreams. It is a great organization and if you know anyone who might be interested in donating please share!

1 comment:

  1. Getting a watch depends on if you plan to always have your phone with you when you run. If you do, you may as well just use map my run to keep track of runs. Otherwise, gps watches are the coolest and a lot easier than a phone!

    ReplyDelete