Monday, August 17, 2015

Marathon Training Mondays

Hi! Long time no...blog?  Anyways, I was traveling and a bit all over the place for the past week, but I'm back and ready to share some marathon training maddness.

I was in California for my 10 mile run and I went for a very hilly run through the UC-Davis Arboretum.  It was very pretty, but very hilly, and I was not all that pleased with my run.  However, I did it and as usual, afterwards I felt great.  Plus, I got to see these squirts while I was running! So cute!


California was a great trip and I can't wait to share some of my adventures, but then we came back to hot and humid Chicago and I had a week of NOTHING!  Camp is over and school hasn't started yet, so I was able to relax a little.  This past week's mileage was 3, 7, 4, 15.  7 was tought.  15 was pretty darn difficult.  I finished both runs at about a 10 minute mile pace, but this weather is really wearing me down.  I need to go back to beautiful Cali!  

15 was also the start of the really long runs.  In my mind, anything under 13 is not too terrible.  Anything above is a really long run.  You need to hydrate and take care of yourself the day before.  You need to bring "course nutrition" (like gels, gu, or other things) the day of.  And, afterwards, you need to get some good protein in your system and stretch/foam roll.  I'm feeling a bit tired and sore, but I'll survive because I'm trying really hard to take good care of myself!  If anyone has any tips on what has worked for them as the mileage increases, I would love to hear it!  

This coming week the mileage is 4, 8, 4, 16.  I'm hoping that the heat starts to die down! 


No comments:

Post a Comment