Monday, December 14, 2015

Dinner Rolls


This weekend was pretty awesome.  

First, one of my best friends got engaged on Friday night and it was super exciting.  I am so happy for them and I can't wait to help her with the wedding planning shenanigans! A bunch of us went in on buying her a wedding planning book and I am just so happy because I know first hand how much fun and how exciting the next year is going to be for her.  

Then, on Saturday, Bri and I got dinner with some friends from high school that we haven't seen in ages.  All of us ended up living pretty near each other and so we decided that we should all get together.  We went to Lady Gregory's in Andersonville.  I love Andersonville.  Everything is just so darn cute!  Dinner was great and then after, we headed to Hopleaf (go there) for some drinks.  It was a really nice night and I can't wait to get together again soon! 

I made these homemade dinner rolls and they were super yummy.  Seriously, they did not look pretty, but they tasted awesome.  I think it is because I used Almond Milk instead of regular milk so I'm going to try this recipe again with regular milk to see if they look different.  However, they were really good so maybe I'll just deal with their ugliness.  

Dinner Rolls
(adapted from Roxanas Home Baking)

Ingredients:4 cups bread flour
1 1/3 cups milk (I used Almond Milk)
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 tsp Instant Yeast

Ingredients:
1. Place the flour in a bowl and create a well in the middle.
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, place the milk, butter, sugar and salt.  Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until butter is melted.
3. Pour half the milk mixture in the flour well and then start to mix using a dough hook. Add in the rest of the milk mixture until the dough comes together.  Continue to knead for about 5 minutes.  Create 12 rolls and place in a lightly greased round baking dish. Cover with a dish towel and let rest while oven is preheating.
4. Preheat oven to 400.  Bake rolls for about 15-20 minutes.  Brush with butter if you want.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment