Monday, December 28, 2015

Marathon Training Monday: Winter Training

Today is Day 1 of Winter Marathon Training!

I have never trained in the winter before and of course today it is super nasty outside.  However, today was just a 3 mile run to get back into things.  Like a crazy person, I went to bootcamp class at 5:45 in the morning and then afterwards, I ran my 3 miles on a treadmill while watching 30 Rock.  I'm not a big fan of running on a treadmill, but I watching netflix makes it so much better.

I think I am pretty ready.  I have to go pick up my stuff today (I'm training with CARA again so we get stuff) and I already have some nice winter running gear.  I have Nike thermal running tights, Under Armour Cold Gear for a base layer on top, and I got a really cute vest from Athleta for the holidays from my mommy.  I also already have my new pair of running shoes, but I have not started using them yet.

I still have to go get a handheld, insulated water bottle, but other than that I am good to go.

I am training for the Nashville Rock n' Roll Marathon on April 30th and I can't wait!  I also just found out that my bestie, Tamara wants to run her first half marathon and wants me to do it with her.  I, of course, said I would love to!  She wants to run the half in Madison, Wisconsin in May.  I couldn't be more excited about this half marathon as it was my first half marathon!!!  How cute is that?

Anyways, I will keep you posted on all my winter marathon running as I get going.  Here is the mileage for the first week: 3/3/3/6.  I'm planning on getting those three's done, today, Tuesday, and Thursday.  I am also going to continue strength training with bootcamp class on Wednesdays and I will do that until I feel like it is too much.  Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment