Thursday, January 7, 2016

Flat-Belly Protein Smoothie

Good Morning!  I have been enjoying breakfast smoothies all week!  I have some with my coffee before I run and then I drink the rest throughout the morning as a post-run snack and way to get me to lunch without snacking on less-healthy options!  AND! So far, I have lost 1 pound :)

I don't think I really need to lose a lot of weight, but I want to be healthy and happy.  Plus, with my wedding coming up, I want to feel great and feel great about how I look.  So, I am training for a marathon while also keeping an eye on what I eat.  I am making sure that I am getting enough calories, but that those calories are all things healthy and good for me.

This "Flat Belly Protein Smoothie" has a ton of protein and is also packed with good-for-you nutrients that help avoid bloating.  It is about 300 calories per serving and I always make a double batch so that I have breakfast for a couple days.  It's really yummy and it seems to be helping me out so far!

Flat-Belly Protein Smoothie
(2 servings - adapted from PopSugar)

Ingredients:6 oz non-fat, plain greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup frozen blueberries
2 cups baby kale/spinach
1 tbsp almond butter
1 scoop protein powder (I used Chocolate Light Muscle Milk)
1 1/2 cups water

Directions:
1. Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.

Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment