Monday, January 4, 2016

Marathon Training Monday

It is week 2 of winter marathon training!  This week the mileage is 3/3/3/7 and I am excited because on Saturday, for the 7 mile run, I will be back running with my CARA (Chicago Area Running Association) group.  I am super excited to see some of my running buddies from summer marathon training and catch up with them!

Today is also the first day back to school after the two week winter break.  I am excited to see my students, but I am also a little bummed that break is over.  I was getting so much stuff done for the wedding and I was cooking and working out more than usual and it was really nice.  However, school is also pretty great and I'm sure that once I get back into the swing of things I'll be fine.

Combining marathon training with school/coaching is going to be tough.  I am working on a schedule where I don't feel too overwhelmed.  So far, I wake up early (4:45), have a protein shake and drink some coffee, then, around 5:15 I start my run.  Right now I am running on a treadmill indoors because it is too dark to run outside.  Hopefully, as it gets lighter in the morning I will be able to run outdoors.  Then, after my run, I shower, and get ready to go to school.  My goal is always to be ready to go around 6:45/7 in the morning.  We'll see how it goes!  Oh, and get ready to hear all about my protein shakes! I found a ton of good recipes HERE and I'm working my way through them to find a few that I really love!

No comments:

Post a Comment