Monday, January 25, 2016

Marathon Training Monday

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend!  My weekend was super busy, but also pretty great.  We had a friend's birthday party, brunch with my family, and we went house hunting!

On top of all that, I had my 9 mile run on Saturday and I went out to breakfast afterwards with my group.  It was a good run, the weather felt cold, but it was also sunny and it was a good group of people!  I caught up with someone I hadn't ran with in a while and after there were 6 of us that went to breakfast at Whole Foods.  Overall, it was a great way to start the day!

This week the mileage increases even more.  I have 3/5/3 for the weekday runs and then 10 on Saturday.

Also, the NYC Marathon Lottery is open!  So, of course, I applied.  I don't have a good feeling about getting in.  I know it is a "random" lottery, but I am applying for the first time and I have never volunteered or anything for that marathon.  I figured, I'll apply for the NYC lottery as well as the Chicago lottery and just see what happens! Wish me luck!  If you have run that marathon before and have any words of wisdom, I would love to hear it!

I hope everyone has a great week and for all the Midwest runners out there, enjoy the relatively amazing winter weather!

1 comment: