Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Vegetarian Lo Mein

Yesterday was my first day back at school and today is my first day back with students.  I was super grateful for yesterday because I was able to catch up with my co-teachers and get a bunch of planning done for the week ahead of me.  Also, it means that I only need to survive a 4 day week this week.  

Today I am excited because I am teaching Pre-calculus and AP Calculus and while both of these topics can be intimidating, I like that they are new topics that I have not had a ton of experience with and I love learning new things myself.  I feel totally ready to go and I am pumped.

I am also excited to share this Vegetarian Lo Mein Recipe.  It was super simple to make so it is perfect for a weeknight and it is healthy.  Plus, it's delicious.  Now that I am back, I am all about the quick and simple meals that also make me feel good about myself!

Vegetarian Lo Mein


Ingredients:
1 bag frozen stir-fry veggies
8 oz rice noodles, prepared according to directions
2 tbsp soy sauce (I used low-sodium)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp siracha (or more if you like it spicy!)

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, garlic, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, and siracha.
2. In a large skillet, place the veggies and heat over medium.  Pour about half of the sauce over the veggies and toss to combine.  Cook until the veggies soften.  Then, add in the prepared rice noodles and toss to combine.  Pour the rest of the sauce over the mixture and toss.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment